We’re thrilled to present our new Swiftype Podcast! The Swiftype Podcast features informative content encompassing the latest in Site Search and Enterprise Search technology and their applications for your business. Stay tuned for upcoming episodes, and we hope you enjoy.
Today, our host Josue Vital is joined by our co-founder and CTO, Quin Hoxie, to discuss the sunsetting of both Google Site Search (GSS) and Google Search Appliance (GSA). Quin, a veteran in the search industry, shares his thoughts on the pros and cons of GSS and GSA and some alternatives for companies looking to replace Google’s products.
Here are some key takeaways from this podcast episode:
Google Site Search
- With Google search solutions, you don’t have the ability to tune search relevance
- Previous GSS users were using it because Google Custom Search was not a viable solution, largely because Custom Search is supported by ads
- Switching to Swiftype Site Search from GSS is seamless and doing so will give you more control over your website’s search functionality
Google Search Appliance
- Replacing GSA with your own solution will be challenging and require lots of engineering resources
- Swiftype Enterprise Search is a cloud-based solution that has a pre-built connector framework for apps like G Suite, Office 365, Box, Dropbox, Salesforce and GitHub that makes migrating from GSA quick and secure