Since our founding in 2012, Swiftype has worked hard to let site owners install powerful, user-friendly search on their website without writing code. To take this vision even further, we are excited to announce a new feature this week: The Swiftype Result Designer.
The Swiftype Result Designer allows site owners to style their search results and autocomplete directly from the Swiftype dashboard, making it easy to integrate Swiftype search with the existing look and feel of your website. For a brief overview of how the Swiftype Result Designer works, watch the screencast below.
With the new Result Designer, Swiftype users can
- Choose between multiple search result display methods
- Add thumbnails to search results and autocomplete suggestions
- Decide which page attributes to display in search results
- Customize search result text and snippet highlighting colors
- Change their search result and autocomplete design as frequently as they would like, without ever touching their code base
This is the first in a series of exciting updates that the Swiftype team is making to the installation process. Stay tuned for more updates over the next few months, including new tools to custom style your own facets, filters, and sorting tools—all without writing a single line of code.
Try out the Result Designer today by creating a free account.